Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Treasures from the cellar

I received this Rowan knit kit by Kaffe Fasset from my grandmother a couple of years ago. I managed to hide it in my cellar and forget it and found it again during my really active weekend...


I'm not sure if she wants me to knit this specific model or just wants me to use the yarns. The model is just sooo 80's and so not me. And if I were to start it I would never finish it. It's just too complicated.


However the colours are just fantastic, but of some of them there is only a couple skeins each. There are kid silk in 11 different colours


and some tweed yarn in one colour


And some Kaffe Fassets design yarn in 6 different colours.

However I feel obliged to do something similar of at least part of the stash. Perhaps a slipover with the same motif? Could be a nice fist intartsia/fair isle/steeking project. (That will take forever to finish. I'm sure.) The pattern is one size only, but the little that my grandmother had knitted on it seems to be a good fit for me. But I'm such a loose knitter... Or a nice blanket with colour combination ideas from the pattern?

However I know I have to make something of this. These yarns are just too nice to be laying around waiting for me to hand it over to my granddaughter...

No comments: