Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bitten by a bug

Today, just as I was walking out of the door to work, the UPS guy called and let me know that THE package will arrive this morning. About an hour later this box appeared in my door.


Which contained this:


A Schacht Ladybug spinning wheel! I bought this one weeks ago, waited eagerly for it to arrive to Germany (Wollinchen) and then to me. I've been clicking my UPS link several times every day and yesterday I was really disappointed since it said that it will be delivered 4th of March (first delivery date was 24th of February). That's why I was so happy that the UPS guy called and said it would arrive today!

I let it warm up a bit (it's quite cold outside, so I wanted the wooden parts to warm up a bit before putting them under strain) and assembled it during my "lunch hour". (I'm working from home today. Can't you see?)

Here's a picture of the bug next to my old spinning wheel. This was the main reason why I wanted a new one. This one is so much smaller and compact!


And then a closeup of the ladybug. Its just behind the wheel on the right side.

I test spinned just a little (waiting for the work day to end) to see how the scotch tension works. And it was just soooo smooth and nice. I just love the double threadle and the red wheel. In my package arrived also 500g of indigo corridale wool (Edit: Apparently I was a good customer so I have 600g of corridale fibre!), 500g white and brown BFL and 300 g of other nice fibres. :D

One last picture since it's just so cute!


Now I have to make some day a small bag or two to store spinning things in one and to put "wool trash" in the other... But guess what I'm doing this evening!?!?

No comments: