Monday, August 24, 2009

Tour de Fleece

I participated in Tour de Fleece this year. For the tour I bought two new spindles, from Rina. I've been mostly practicing my long and short draws, navajo plying and did a test on some "art yarn".

What I've learnt during the tour:
  • I'm scared at getting too much twist. More twist is not bad!
  • Art yarn should be made of colourful fiber.
  • Spindles are actually quite great working with.

In the picture collage the fleece is Blue Faced Leicester in natural colours. And my Lady bug of course and the new spindles.


I noticed that I haven't shown at all here what I've been spinning. So here are three of my yarns so far:


The white is Finn sheep (or Affe?) wool that I've partly spun on a spindle, partly on the old spinning wheel and partly on the Ladybug. 2 ply, 200g?, very "artsy" with thick and thin structure. :) The green-yellow is BFL that is dyed by Ilu. I have two skeins of this. 2 ply, 200g, not so artsy as the white one. And last but not least is the pink-beige that is also dyed by Ilu, alpaca, 100g, 3 ply. And that one almost looks like even yarn. :)

3 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

I wish that I had been able to do the tour this year, it just wasn't feasible. I LOVE the snowflake spindle, very cool! Keep up the great work!

Anni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anni said...

Höh, yritin vaan kertoa että tuo vaaleanpunainen on ihana, mutta onnistuin poistamaan kommentin :D