Saturday, January 22, 2011

Winterwarmth

Up here "half way up to Lapland" there is a bit of snow and a bit cold. We've had -30 degrees celcius before Christmas (that we usually get in February) and this week we got 24 cm (the official version) of snow within a night. At some places there was even 40 cm of snow coming down. I thought I had to test my camera what it thinks of snow and a few other functions.

Everything is topped with snow.

The whole landscape is white. Everywhere you look there are piles of snow.

More snow...

After a short walk to the post office and back I was ready for some inner warmth. The purpose of my walk was to get a package of Kaffa Roastery coffee that I ordered last weekend. Some single estate coffee beans moved in with me.

A sample of coffee beans. Yumyum.

The problem is. To drink it black...

...or to drink it with milk?

And in case the coffee is not enought to keep me warm I'm knitting a pair of woollen pants and a cardi for me. The woollen pants are done with Elizabeth Zimmermanns recipy from her book The Knitters Almanac. The cardi is Kim Hargreaves Olive cardy. This one I modified to be knitted from the top down in one piece, instead of in several pieces as the pattern states. I thought I'd tell you more about that in another post.

Woollen pants.

Olive-cardigan in Rowan Felted Tweed yarn in Avocado-colourway.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Man får ju bara lust att gå ut och fota då man tittar på alla underbara bilder! Fast här är det ju bara grått och trist...
Och så har jag fortfarande liiite svårt att stå :D